Senior Financial Analyst
Job typeFull Time
Requirement:This role is responsible for financial planning and analysis, allowing the organisation to make well-informed commercial decisions, by determining the best use of resources to achieve business objectives. They will be expected to produce regular reports using financial data, and work collaboratively across the entire finance team to analyse business performance and strategy.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data – and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide cost-analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- MBA preferred
- Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields.
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively heavy role and advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency with strong financial modelling experience.
- Previous systems implementation experience, familiarity with Oracle an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.