Cars have evolved over the years, with every manufacturer striving to make every new vehicle safer. Car safety features tend to simplify driving and enhance safety on the road. Studies have revealed that safety features reduce accidents by 7%. There are several types of car safety features, but wecashanycar delves into the most important car safety features that you should have in 2019.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: is an invaluable safety feature in today’s cars and it uses special sensors and radars to automatically maintain a safe distance while driving. When applied, the ACC accelerates on a highway and slows down when traffic starts to build up. Apart from this, the ACC helps to prevent potential collisions as it senses obstruction and brakes or even stops the car where necessary.
- The Collision Avoidance and Braking System. This technology was based on the anti-lock brake systems and is important because it has radars and lasers that can detect potential obstacles and hazards that might cause head-on collisions. It works with a front facing camera to alert the driver of the impending danger such as cars that are too close or any obstacles ahead of them. Depending on the vehicle and manufacturer, the collision avoidance and braking system alerts the driver of danger by either sounding off an alarm or an alert claxon or engaging the vehicle brakes. Some cars also use a bright-red STOP warning sign on the dashboard. Ultimately, research shows that collision avoidance and braking systems have substantially reduced the number of accidents.
- Inflatable Seat Belts. Even though a UAE study revealed that only 27% of passengers in the backseat buckle up, the CDC estimates that seatbelts save 10,000 lives from accident fatalities every year. Inflatable seat belts are the latest invention. This is targeted at protecting back passengers especially children and the elderly who can easily be hurt during accidents because of the little protection offered by thinner seat belts. The thicker, inflatable safety belts will not only be more comfortable than the current ones, but will also enhance safety as they cover a larger surface area and substantially reduce the chances of injury in case of an accident. Inflatable seat belts will soon be implemented by Ford and should be more common in other cars as well.
- Adaptive Lights. While nobody disputes the importance of normal headlights, research shows that adaptive lights are more effective in preventing accidents. Visibility is usually reduced during dark hours and bad weather, increasing the probability of accidents. However, drivers with adaptive lights have had less accidents during low visibility compared to those who use normal lights. This is because adaptive lights are designed to automatically adjust the lighting according to the steering wheel movement, speed and elevation of the vehicle. This allows the driver to illuminate the road ahead including any dangerous curve or bend. Since they are aimed directly at the road, adaptive lights also reduce the glare of oncoming headlight.
- Lane Departure Warning Systems. The lane departure warning systems usually come in the form of cameras and sensors imbedded into the side view mirrors. These systems alert the drivers whenever they drift off their marked lines by sounding off an alarm or vibrating the driver’s seat. If the lane is clearly painted with the road markings, the lane departure warning system adjusts the stability and braking system to gently nudge the vehicle back into the correct lane.
- Electronic Stability Control. The Electronic Stability Control (ESC) is regarded as one of the most important safety technology breakthroughs because it improves vehicle stability and prevents the car from skidding or losing control. This feature uses computerised technology to detect the loss of the steering control and works with anti-lock brakes system to automatically apply brakes so as to steer the vehicle back on the right track. In some vehicles, the ESC decreases the engine power until the vehicle regains control. Due to its importance, car experts recommend that any person looking to buy a used car checks for the ESC system.
- Parking sensors. Thanks to parking sensors, long gone are the days of scratching and bumping your car during parking. This technology uses radars that beep whenever your car moves too close to other cars or objects when parking. If you do not intend to buy a car anytime soon, you can have parking sensors installed in your used car in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
These are just a few car safety features that you can find in newer cars or have installed in your used car. Technology keeps on changing and you can expect to get better car safety features in later car models. Should you decide to sell your car in Abu Dhabi or Dubai and get a better car with upgraded safety features, look no further than wecashanycar. We guarantee you instant cash and the best car selling service.