Car scratches are unsightly and can greatly reduce the value of your car if you decide to sell it. Before you spend a small fortune on expensive repair work or resign yourself to judgemental looks from valets, take a look at some quick and easy car scratch removal solutions offered by wecashanycar.
a) The Toothpaste Fix
Besides your pearly whites, toothpaste can also keep your car squeaky clean. To get rid of the scratches on your car using toothpaste you should follow these 3 simple steps:-
- Clean up the car and wipe off any dust. If you apply the toothpaste without following this step you will only create more scratches on your car.
- Dab a small squirt of toothpaste on a damp microfibre cloth and rub the toothpaste onto the scratches. This should be done in firm circular motions, applying pressure on the scratches.
- Rinse off any excess toothpaste with a hose and watch the unsightly marks disappear.
This fix will only work for surface scratches and before wasting your toothpaste, time and energy, you must use your fingernail through each scratch to determine its depth. If your fingernail catches on the scratch you might need to use a professional scratch removal product as your scratch is too deep. Additionally, you might also have to repeat the process more than once to see gleaming results. For the best results, you should also use a whitening toothpaste.
b) Scratch removal product
There are several scratch removal products that can be used to get rid of scratches. The following are the steps to follow when using scratch removal product:-
- Wash your car and clean off any dirt or debris from the car
- Apply a small amount of the product on a damp microfiber cloth and work it into the scratched area. You can buffer the product in circular motions or back and forth without switching directions. Once you are done you should wipe off any excess.
- Repeat the process once or twice to your satisfaction.
The main caveat with scratch removal products is that you have to avoid using too much product or else you risk ruining the clear coat of your car. You must also follow the manufacturer’s instructions to the latter to avoid damaging your vehicle’s top coat.
c) Professional scratch removal services
This option is for those who have deep scratches on their vehicles. If the clear coat of your car has been pierced by scratches, you should seek professional services. Additionally, if an extensive part of your car is covered in scratches, then you should have them removed by a professional. This will cost more but the clean fresh coat of paint that will leave your car looking new. All you have to do is to ensure that you choose a professional whose work you trust to professionally get rid of the scratches on your car. You could also inquire from your insurance whether your cover includes scratch removal services so that you can take advantage of these.
Ultimately, enhance the value of your car by removing scratches and should you decide to sell it, you can always bring it to wecashanycar for instant cash and the best car sale services in the UAE.