In an effort to improve road safety and reduce the number of serious or fatal motor accidents, the UAE has revised certain traffic laws, which could result in a driver’s license being suspended if found guilty of committing any of these three traffic offences.
Driving under the influence
It is absolutely illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol, drugs and any other similar substances. This violation is considered a criminal offence and therefore attracts a jail term that is determined by the courts of law. Once the driver completes the punishment determined by the court they have to face a license suspension for one year. In addition, the driver’s insurance policy is also cancelled with immediate effect.
Heavy vehicles traffic offences
Driving a heavy vehicle in Dubai comes with heavy responsibility. The following are some violations that can result in the one year suspension of the license of a heavy vehicle driver:-
- Driving a heavy vehicle dangerously and in a manner that endangers the driver’s life and that of other people
- Jumping the red light while driving a heavy vehicle
- Overtaking in prohibited areas when driving a heavy vehicle
- Driving a heavy vehicle in a manner that harms public and private properties
- When a driver of a heavy vehicle causes it or another vehicle to overturn
Dubai Tram and pedestrian traffic offences
Dubai drivers are always cautioned about exercising care when driving near Dubai Tram routes. The following are some offences involving the Dubai Tram and pedestrians that can cause your license to be revoked.
- Injuring a pedestrian or person can result in up to Dh.15,000 fine as well as a 6-month suspension of the driver’s license.
- Driving through the red light without stopping will lead to Dh.5000 fine and up to 3 months suspension of the driving license.
- Causing an accident that leads to loss of life can result in up to Dh.30,000 fine and 1 year suspension of the license.
Ultimately, drivers must avoid traffic offences that attract black points because once you receive 24 black points, your license is automatically revoked for a period of one year. This can result in other issues like cumulative fines for non-renewal of the license. You can take refresher classes to reduce the number of black points and avoid having your license suspended. Despite all these, wecashanycar can still buy your car with traffic fines. Visit us and let us help you sell your car in the UAE without any hassles.